Why choose the STANDART’ 2 ?
If you like speed and good vibes, the STANDART’2 will delight you by its ingenuity and comfort. Available in « Carbon-Kevlar » or « classic fiberglass », enjoy the new design of the STANDART’2, lighter by far than the well known monotype STANDART’, and so much more stable and comfortable !
Twenty three years after having created the STANDART’ international monotype (very dynamic and appreciated class in competition), SEAGULL has released a new ingenious design of its famous model. Designed for entire pleasure and not for competition (not for racing in the STANDART’ class).
The STANDART’2’s Strengths
This STANDART’2 has a very new design : built in structural hull without frame, it is also equipped with carbon axles. This new design does exist in 2 different versions : hull made of Carbon-Kevlar or body made of fiberglass.
Feel free to watch the video which show both « Carbon-Kevlar » and « Fiberglass » made rolling on sand together. In « Technical details », you can read their differentiations.
- Assembled dimensions : 4,10 m x 2,70 m
- Disassembled dimensions : 3,00 m x 0,74 m x 0,37 m
- Sail : 6,5 sqm for « Carbon-Kevlar » made, from 5,5 sqm to 6 sqm for « Fiberglass » made
- Mast (2 different parts) and boom made of Carbon for the « Carbon-Kevlar » made, and aluminium for « Fiberglass » made
- 8 balls pulleys + ratchet block
- Carbon axles on both versions
- Structural hull, 80% Kevlar and 20% carbon on the « Carbon-Kevlar » version, 98% fiberglass and 2% Carbon on the « classic Fiberglass » version.
- Aluminium drawbar
- Total weight : 50 Kg for the « Carbon-Kevlar » made and 55 Kg for the « Fiberglass » made.
- All the steel pieces and fittings are made of stainless steel, even the ball-bearings.
- Specific options and customizations are available according to your choice as cockpit padding, adhesive covering on the « Carbon-Kevlar » version etc… All this specially prepared by my care (Jean-Philippe KRISCHER, Seagull CEO).